Waikiki Sand Villa Hotel (sometimes hereinafter referred to as “Hotel”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) welcomes all guests. We are dedicated to providing exceptional service, from reservation to check-out.
Digital Accessibility Compliance Guidelines and Goals
We strive to offer an excellent user experience for visitors using any type of assistive technology to access the website. Our website accessibility standards are based on the WCAG 2.1 (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1) level A + AA success criteria.
We also follow the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) guidelines, which are in line with our philosophy of promoting usability for people of all abilities.
In addition, we actively work to maintain, assess and improve the usability and accessibility of our website through engagement of experts and regular testing of our digital accessibility.
Continuous Digital Monitoring
Using mainstream, developer-supported accessibility monitoring tools and assistive technology, our site undergoes real time monitoring and multiple scans per day to detect any accessibility errors that may arise due to the addition of updated content or website code.
Our team of accessibility experts manually investigates each error that may appear and applies an appropriate remedy in order to ensure the site’s functionality is available to the most diverse range of users possible. Data results of scans are recorded in long-term logs so that we are able to access a snapshot of the accessibility score of the website at any given time.
We welcome feedback
If you experience any difficulty accessing or navigating our websites or have any accessibility-related questions or comments, we are listening. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a description of the issue you encountered and your contact information. You are also welcome to call us at 808-922-4744 for assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The Waikiki Sand Villa Hotel website may contain material from social media sites such as Facebook and Youtube, which are used to share additional content about our property, facilities and services. We invite you to review accessibility information and guidance directly from Facebook, Youtube, Twitter and Instagram.
Accessible Features and Amenities
Waikiki Sand Villa Hotel is compliant with the ADA (Department of Justice ADA Title III Regulation 28 CFR Part 36, 1991). We welcome guests of all abilities. Our property descriptions aim to allow any visitor to make an informed decision on whether the hotel is an appropriate choice for their needs.
- Accessible public entrance. Back entrance has ramp, front entrance has sloped curb.
- The registration desk is 45 ¾” high. It has space to hand materials back and forth to guests who use wheelchairs. Guests who are unable to use the registration desk are personally attended by staff.
- Accessible route from the public entrance and rooms to the registration area.
- Accessible elevator.
- Accessible route to the elevator from the public entrance, registration desk and rooms.
- Accessible emergency exit (same as main entrance).
- Accessible public restroom.
- Accessible concierge desk.
- There is a stairwell at the back of the parking facility that leads to the main entrance of the property.
- Space to accommodate accessible vehicles.
- TTY for guest use.
- Audible alarms for smoke, fire and emergency.
- Braille signage throughout the property.
- Service animals are welcome at the Waikiki Sand Villa Hotel.
- Accessible route to food and beverage outlet from the public entrance and rooms.
- Fitness Center with accessible entrance.
- Accessible route to Fitness Center from the public entrance and rooms.
- Accessible pool with chair lift.
- Accessible route to pool from the public entrance and rooms.
- Accessible guest room: One Standard Non-Smoking ADA Room
- Two double beds
- Roll-in shower
- Shower chair, wheelchair-accessible, grab bar
- Accessible room entrance door and bathroom door provides at least 32 inches of clearance.
- There is at least 30 inches of width on the side of the bed to allow for wheelchair access and transfer.
- If there is a desk, it provides knee and toe clearance that is at least 27 inches high, 30 inches wide, and runs at least 17 inches deep.
- The toilet seat has a height of 17-19 inches and grab bars to facilitate transfer.
- The bathroom sink provides knee clearance of at least 30 inches wide, 27 inches tall and 17 inches deep. All of the under-sink plumbing is wrapped.
- The bathroom mirror’s lowest reflective edge is no more than 40 inches high.
- All wall mounted shower/bath accessories and equipment are within 48 inches of the floor.
Please call 808-922-4744 for more information.
Accessible route from public entrance and registration area to accessible rooms.
Please note that Standard Rooms may not have accessible features. From a digitally-accessible website to complete descriptions of all onsite amenities and features, we wish to provide a positive experience from start to finish. Please note that this accessibility statement applies to all content on the Waikiki Sand Villa Hotel website.